Variant: Casual Outfit - Episodes: 99, 105, 108, 184
I was re-watching Sailor Moon for the n-th time and I saw this outfit and thought it was super cute and I had the immediate desire to make it so I did. It's so much fun to wear and run around in and it's super comfy.
- Completed: February 2011
- Debut: Katsucon 2011
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time Spent: 15 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $66 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Regular Lycra-Spandex, Swiss Double-face Satin Ribbon, Metal Findings
- ♥~Pink Top~♥ I made the top from a high quality Lycra-spandex that I found on a fabric shopping trip to NYC. I made it from an altered version of my pattern for eternal senshi leotards, it's fully lined even the sleeves. For the skirt part I lengthened the pattern for the senshi circle skirt I used, it is also fully lined with a lighter spandex that I lucked into locally (since I was just a little short on the original fabric). I love how full and flouncy it came out. The front bow is made from the same spandex I used for the rest of the top. The lacing down the back is the ¼" matching Swiss double-faced satin ribbon that actually laces and is functional. The ribbon runs through some cute mini D-rings that are hand-stitched to the top to make the proper look and number of points for the ribbon.
- ♥~Black Shorts~♥ They're just basic black cotton-Lycra shorts, definitely the easiest bit.
- ♥~Hair Bows~♥ I made the cute pink matching bows made from 2" Swiss Double-face satin ribbon. I lucked into finding a perfect match to the spandex I used for the top. The ribbon is supper buttery and silky, I just love how it feels! ♥
- ♥~Earrings~♥ I finally invested in some genuine simple pearl earrings with sterling silver posts for my Usagi cosplays. I love how they look! I found them at a local shop and they were actually affordable which is what surprised me the most.
- ♥~Ring~♥ This cosplay also gives me another excuse to wear my Usagi engagement ring if I feel so inclined; since she dose wear this outfit in StarS (you know, the one where Seiya comes over to Usagi's house and they have cake, and Chibi-Chibi dose "unmentionable things" and Seiya ends up in the shower)
- ♥~Shoes~♥ After keeping an eye out for months I finally found them at a local shop on clearance. They're ballet flat style with a touch of a heel, tan soles, and they have a cute little strap with a bow. I was so happy to find such a perfect matching pair for so little money, and they're even real leather to boot!
The pre-tied bows are mounted on bobby-pins so they can be attached to my hair.
- ♥~Luna~♥ I sometimes will carry around the plush Luna I altered for my ep6 Usagi.
She was made from a pre-existing inexpensive plush I found Online. I took apart the plush, added a pose-able skeleton to it, then re-stuffed & reassembled it, painted the pinks of the ears, and attached a crescent moon I sculpted, which is removable.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I style my real hair to achieve the look of Sailor Moon's hair
- Styling Time: 10-30 minutes (approx.) each time