Variant: Main Outfit
When I played FF7 during the summer of 2005 and fell in love with it and in honor of beating it and also greatly due to the scene where Cloud's memory is pieced back together, I deiced to cosplay Tifa. She is so strong yet caring and cheerful; she believes in Cloud and gives him the benefit of the doubt no matter what. I felt a strong connection to Tifa as I played through the game, so it only made sense.
I debut this cosplay at Bakuretsucon 2005 after only starting it a few weeks prior, I even made the suspenders from scratch. For Ohayocon 2006 I re-did the boots so that they were finally more accurate and much less frustrating. I replaced the shirt for Anime Boston 2006. I still need to attach the metal boot-plates and a few other minor finishing details.
- Completed: October 2005
- Debut: Bakuretsucon 2005
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 20 hours
- Estimated Cost: $228 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Leather, Vinyl, Cotton-Spandex, Lycra-Spandex, Metal
- ♥~Top~♥ The top is made from a Lycra cotton. It's been remade twice.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ The skirt is leather.
- ♥~Suspenders & Belt~♥ The suspenders & belt are faux-leather with metal hardware. I used sheet metal to make the metal accenting.
- ♥~Earrings~♥ I hand made the earrings at a local bead/jewelry store, they are sterling silver.
- ♥~Bracelet~♥ The bracelet is a wooden bracelet I painted silver and added the mounting for the glass gems that served as my materia.
- ♥~Gloves~♥ The gloves are a combination of leather and Lycra spandex with mounted resin gems for materia and athletic tape for accenting.
- ♥~Armor~♥ The elbow-guard & wrists bracelets are sheet-metal and the elbow-guard is accented with silver painted clay bumps and padded on the inside.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks are thick woolly-style comfy socks.
- ♥~Boots~♥ The boots were first painted then later covered in spandex since the paint I used on the original boots cracked really easily.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I had to cut in the bangs and whatnot into the front of the wig, the bangs were styled with some heat, hairspray, and a razor. For the back I added in a packet of loose extensions that I made into wefts for volume and then styled the "fishtail" with a ribbon, some heat, & hairspray.
- Brand: Amphigory
- Style: Enchantment
- Color: Coffee House (2)
- Styling Time: 9 hours (approx.)