Variant: Outfit 2/Rescue Arc
I love this costume, it came out really nice and I get to carry around my awesome giant fan and a plush version of KiriKiri Mai, her summon. The colors of the costume are some of my favorite colors and together the combination looks really sharp. Plus it's really fun to style my hair that way.
- Completed: August 2005
- Debut: Otakon 2005
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Time Spent: 40 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $234 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Twill, Linen, Bottom-weight, Leather, Duck, Metal
- ♥~Top~♥ Made from a gorgeous periwinkle linen fabric, and my favorite basic shirt pattern. It's a very airy top that ties in the back, tho the fabric was a bit frustrating at times to work with since it did like to fray a bit so all seams are fully finished.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ A basic fitted mini-skirt with a slit made from navy stretch twill fabric. The slit is fully faced and all seams are finished.
- ♥~Corset-like Leather Armor~♥ Made from real white leather, it is sewed with minimal seams since there are never any shown. It is laced up the back with real burgundy leather laces and white grommets. The front has the same white grommets for lacing the neck-strap through. The neck-strap is also the same leather lacing as the back, and I added a small bit of white leather to sit on the back of my neck for comfort. There is a burgundy piping that runs across the top like what shows up in some shots of her in the show because I liked how it looked.
- ♥~Bow & Sash~♥ I made the bow and sash from a burgundy bottom-weight.
- ♥~Hair Ties~♥ I purchased them from a local store and I totally lucked out finding ones that matched the color of my shirt.
- ♥~Fishnets~♥ The fishnets are altered from regular fence-net fishnets. I use a real garter-strap to hold the upper ones up.
- ♥~Forehead Protector~♥ The Forehead Protector is a real metal plate from the official Naruto Sand-nin forehead protector that I transplanted on to a sewn "bandanna" of navy twill fabric that matches my skirt.
- ♥~Ninja Sandals~♥ Made from a pair of basic summer sandals and black duck. I created the pattern for these all on my own. The top part and the base sandals are permanently attached with shoe repair adhesive. (All edges are finished cause duck likes to fray.)
- ♥~Tessen (Fan)~♥ The fan is made with a light-weight wood, a bolt, and paper. All the wood is properly sanded and painted with a high-gloss paint to mimic the metallic reflectivity of Temari's fan. The paper is glued on with a high-grade glue, and I hand painted on her three "stars" with a high-quality watercolor for a more natural look.
- ♥~KiriKiri Mai~♥ I made him from some white fur that I found in a local shop. The eyes are buttons and faux-suede (which matches the insides of his ears), and the nose was from a worn-out stuffed toy from a thrift-store. The vest was made from scraps of a black Poly-Knit fabric and red bias tape with embroidery-floss lacing. His eye-patch was made from leftover scraps from AC Tifa's butt-cape. I drafted the pattern myself based extremely loosely on a stuffed toy pattern a friend gave to me, and in the end looks nothing like it.
I love the sound it makes when T open it.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I use my real hair to style Temari's hair since I like how it looked way better than the wig I parted. It took several different techniques for me to finally settle one that I really loved.
- Styling Time: 10-20 minutes each time (approx.)