Theme: Periwinkle, Rose, & Cream
I was stuck as to what to work on sewing-wise and my boyfriend put the idea in my mind of working on a Lolita and I started getting ideas and I designed a cute little Sweet Lolita. It was so much fun to design something completely on my own not really based on anything in particular.
I think it came out really adorable I even made a purse to match and I got to carry around a teddy-bear my boyfriend gave me. Plus the second tier of the dress is a separate skirt so it can be worn on it's own.
- Completed: February 2008
- Debut: Katsucon 2008
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 60-80 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $130 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Cotton, Lace, Swiss Double-face Ribbon
- ♥~Dress~♥ Where do I even start, the devil is in the details with this one. I used 3 styles of lace, a lovely cream-colored Irish lace was used around the collar, a cream colored lace (not sure what the style is called, it was kind of like beading lace but with a ruffle of lace running down one edge) was used around border of the cream insert that has a ¼" wide Swiss double-faced satin ribbon in dusty rose running through it coming to a bow in the center with a sterling silver heart filigree locket attached to the bow, and a lovely 3 tiered cream and dusty rose lace was used around the bottom of the dress. There There is also 3 yards of periwinkle daisy trim that was all hand-sewn onto the hem (it took forever @_@) The dress itself is made from a high-quality cotton. I used a modified base pattern and added the cream insert and super poofy sleeves to that base. The sash is a super wide double faced satin ribbon in cream that has been fray-checked and gets tied in a cute bow.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ While working on this outfit I decided a bit to late that I wanted a tiered look to the skirt. So it's actually a stand-alone skirt, which makes it usable as a part of other Lolita outfits as well. The skirt has scalloped edging with a two tiered cream lace that peeks between the scalloping that matched the 3 tiered one on the bottom of the dress. It has mini pink bows with cream faux-pearls at the apex of each scallop, and also there is a rose colored crochet butterfly appliqué on the bottom front left of the skirt.
- ♥~Hair Bows~♥ My Hair Bows are double-faced periwinkle satin ribbon that was fray-checked, I tie them each time I wear them.
- ♥~Purse~♥ I bought a cheep child's Easter purse and ripped it apart for it's base hardware. I made the outer-shell from a rose stretch velvet and then lined it. I replaced the strap with a silver chain. I then decorated it with some of the cream-colored Irish lace and cute periwinkle bow set with cream faux pearls mounted on the center knot of each bow.
- ♥~Bracelet~♥ My bracelet is made with faux cream-colored pearls, silver seed-beads, and rose-pink and periwinkle purple Swarovski bicone beads.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks were purchased at a local store.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ I wear a simple white or black Mary-Jane style pair of shoes depending on whether I wear my cream socks with the rose colored lace or my rose colored socks with the cream colored lace.
- ♥~Teddy Bear~♥ My White Teddy Bear was a gift from my boyfriend, I just added a bow to match my dress.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I style my real hair to achieve the look.
- Styling Time: 5-15 minutes (approx.) each time