Variant: Pink Dress (Episodes 16-17)
My boyfriend, Sephygoth, & I had been re-watching Ranma ½ and he suggested that I cosplay Shampoo, which oddly enough I had been toying with that idea for some time, since she is so adorable, has purple hair, and turns into a cute little kitty! I loved the color scheme of this particular outfit, and I'd been wanting to cosplay a purple haired character for a while. All things considered it was too irresistible for me and it just had to happen.
- Completed: August 2008
- Debut: Otakon 2008
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 40 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $128 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Casa Satin, Velvet Ribbon
- ♥~Dress~♥ The dress was made entirely from a matte satin: Pink for the main part, Red for the trim and flower appliqué, and Green for the leaves of the flower. I made my own pattern based on the way Chinese dresses are made (looking at one I previously owned) with some altering it to have all the proper details Shampoo's dress has. The dress is fully lined, and all the bias tape trim is home-made so that it would match the flower appliqué. I hand-made all the little bows with the coordinated dyed-to-match red velvet ribbon.
The flower appliqué on the skirt was designed, detailed, and made by Sephygoth. ♥
- ♥~Shoes~♥ The shoes were easy, it only took one trip to the mall to find the perfect pair of matching shoes.
- ♥~Wig~♥ The wig is 2 in one and is very heavy because of that. It took over a week to create and style the wig alone. The base wigs were obtained from a local shop. This wig started out as 2 long wigs that I combined into one. The bangs are super poofed via curlers, heat, hairspray, and a ton of patience. The buns are my little secret ^_~
- Brand: Lacey
- Style: 1448
- Color: Dark Purple
- Styling Time: 20 hours (approx.)