Variant: Militia Uniform
Ever since I watched the series I've wanted to cosplay her, I got attached fairly early on in the series and by the end there wasn't a question in my mind. I tried like so many other cosplays to complete it for Otakon 2006 but due to over extending myself in cosplay commitments for that con I had no time to even touch it.
Then for Otakon 2007 my boyfriend did Demon Chrono which prompted me to once again start working on Rosette's Militia uniform.
- Completed: March 2008
- Debut: Anime Boston 2008
- Difficulty: Very Hard
- Time Spent: 80 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $107 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Cotton, Twill, Linen, Leather, Duck, Moleskin, Faux Leather, Metal
- ♥~Dress~♥ I had to make a patterns for the dress and I only had about 3 yards of the blue for the dress so I had to be very careful cause there was no margin for error literally I barely had just enough material to make the dress. The dress is fully lined.
- ♥~Collar~♥ I made collar from a white twill and I had to make the pattern from scratch. The black accenting on the collar is hand embroidered with a satin stitch and edged with a split stitch, the embroidery alone took over 40 hours since it goes completely around the entire collar.
- ♥~Bodice~♥ The bodice was made from a tan twill and I had to make the pattern for it. It's lined and the bodice has real boning in it just like a corset. The black straps on the bodice are real leather.
Sephygoth helped craft the shoulder crosses and cast them, I love how they look. I just had gold leaf & attached them to the dress.
- ♥~Nun Veil~♥ I made it from a color matching blue linen and a white linen, I had to make the pattern from scratch, and it's fully lined.
- ♥~Gloves~♥ Made from a brown faux-leather and white faux-suede, this is the only piece I used a pattern for.
- ♥~Pouches~♥ I had to make the patterns for these as well. Made from green duck and the straps are real leather. All the pouches are completely functional.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks were purchased from Sock Dreams.
- ♥~Boots~♥ I bought a pair of boots and then covered the boots with the same brown faux-leather that I used for the gloves but I ran out of time when it came to putting on all of the little details & accents. All the metal accents (the ones on the gloves & boots) are made of real metal.
- ♥~Chrono's Watch~♥ The watch actually ticks backwards and lights up, tho my only contribution to it was making it run backwards, my boyfriend did all the rest, it is truly impressive what he is capable of creating.
- ♥~Guns~♥ The guns are just toys, I got at a Halloween store.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I had to cut the wig down to the proper length, slightly layering it in the process, and then I had to style in her two little pigtails.
- Brand: Mona Lisa
- Style: Pamela
- Color: 24B
- Styling Time: 2 hours (approx.)