Variant: School Uniform (Fall/Winter - Later Episodes)
When I started watching Detective Conan, it was randomly while visiting my grandparents in Florida. I took an instant liking to the show and quickly became very attached to Ran & Shinichi. ♥
I made Ran's school uniform first since it is probably the most recognizable of her outfits. The version of her school uniform that I decided to do was the one that appears later on in the series and is still used in the most current episodes. It is practically the same as the earlier version except that she wears knee-high navy socks and brown loafers instead of her green sneakers and white ankle socks.
- Completed: April 2005
- Debut: Anime Boston 2005
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 30 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $85 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Suiting, Cotton
- ♥~Jacket~♥ I made the jacket & skirt with a light blue suiting material. I altered a single button jacket pattern to make the jacket, and it only took about a week to complete.
- ♥~Shirt~♥ I already owned a plain white button-down shirt.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ Made also from the light blue suiting material. The skirt was such a pain because it was my first time making a pleated skirt. I had to massively alter the pattern so that the skirt would look just right.
- ♥~Tie~♥ I made the tie, and actually had to sew part of it by hand. It only took one weekend to do, but it was the only sewing project that I worked on all that weekend.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks are standard navy knee-high socks I bought at a store down the street.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ The shoes are my basic brown school-girl loafers that I've used for several of my school girl cosplays.
- ♥~School Bag~♥ I found a bag that looked like her school bag at a local second-hand store.
- ♥~School ID~♥ I designed the school ID based on various school IDs that I have.
- ♥~Picture~♥ I also printed out a picture of Ran and Shinichi from a screen-cap.
- ♥~Conan Plush~♥ I often carry around a Conan plush so that people have an easier time trying to recognize my character.
- ♥~Wig~♥ This was the first wig I ever had to style. I had to cut bangs into it, trim off some length and then pull a few strands back to get Ran's look. I did attempt to make her "hair horn" it came out looking accurate but when I put it on the wig it looked really awkward and bad so I removed it and went without it.
- Brand: Amphigory
- Style: Enchantment
- Color: 4
- Styling Time: 1 hour (approx.)
I bought an Enchantment wig from Amphigory and I cut and styled the wig on my own, and it was the first time I had ever done anything quite like that. It came out wonderful though. (People actually thought it was my real hair.)