Variant: School Uniform (Spring/Summer, Season 1)
made this alternate version of Ran's school uniform for con's in warmer weather because if it's really hot I'm not very comfortable in the suit jacket and long sleeves of my other Ran cosplay. So this one has short-sleeves and a vest, much more comfortable in the summer time.
I tried to wear it once again at Anime Expo 2007 but the costume was too big and the wig had gotten rather messed-up by the prolonged storage.
- Completed: June 2006
- Debut: AnimeNEXT 2006
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time Spent: 6 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $20 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Suiting, Linen
- ♥~Vest~♥ I made the vest from some of the periwinkle linen I had leftover from Temari outfit 2. It was pretty simple to make and it's also lined. I worked hard to hide the closures since in the anime none are visible.
- ♥~Shirt~♥ I already owned a plain white button-down shirt.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ Made from a light blue suiting. The skirt was such a pain because it was my first time making a pleated skirt. I had to massively alter the pattern so that the skirt would look just right.
- ♥~Tie~♥ I made the tie, and actually had to sew part of it by hand. It only took one weekend to do, but it was the only sewing project that I worked on all that weekend.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks are standard navy knee-high socks I bought at a store down the street.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ The shoes are my basic brown school-girl loafers that I've used for several of my school girl cosplays.
- ♥~School Bag~♥ I found a bag that looked like her school bag at a local second-hand store.
- ♥~School ID~♥ I designed the school ID based on various school IDs that I have.
- ♥~Picture~♥ I also printed out a picture of Ran and Shinichi from a screen-cap.
- ♥~Conan Plush~♥ I often carry around a Conan plush so that people have an easier time trying to recognize my character.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I had to borrow AC Tifa's wig since my Ran wig was being fixed-up when I wanted to wear this cosplay.
- Brand: Beverly Johnson
- Style: Jazzelle
- Color: 4
- Styling Time: N/A