Variant: Orion Slave Girl "Bound" S2E17
I've been into Star Trek forever (my dad is a self proclaimed blue-blooded Trekky) and I used to sneak out of bed when I was little to watch the various series with him when they were on broadcast TV. Now I'm finally a second generation Star Trek costumer; my dad made a science officer costume with a phaser back in the 1970's for the conventions he attended then.
When I saw the episode "Bound" of Enterprise I loved the Orion Slave Girls, they were just so amazing and the episode really developed the Orions in an amazing way (I won't spoil it, since I know most people never got the chance to watch Enterprise due to the screwy schedule it had.)
Navaar was my fave in the episode and when Sephygoth insisted I looked like her, it was decided that we would do the two main girls from the set of 3 sisters.
- Completed: June 2013
- Debut: The Official Star Trek Convention Boston 2013
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 60 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $?? (approx.)
- Materials Used: Lycra-Spandex, Velvet, High Quality Lycra-Spandex, Vinyl, & Resin
- ♥~Top~♥ I used fossshape to make the base shape and then covered it in velvet & vinyl trim that I made and custom colored by hand. All the straps/belts were made from the same hand custom colored vinyl The accenting was all resin cast by me with a custom mixed casting powder color, that I shaped especially for this top, & some rhinestones for accenting.
- ♥~Bottoms~♥ I made the bottoms from matching velvet, specialty spandex, custom hand-colored vinyl, and lined it all with cotton fabric. The strap was attached by hand. I patterned out the bottoms from scratch while watching the episode.
- ♥~Belt & Skirt~♥ Made from the custom colored vinyl fabric, a cotton backing, and a specialty spandex. The decorations were more of my custom cast resin pieces that I shaped to sit on the belt.
- ♥~Green Bodysuit & Gloves~♥ Made entirely by Sephygoth with their awesome bodysuit making techniques! ♥♥♥ I installed the zipper & painted the nails with a custom mixed nail-polish color for both of us.
- ♥~Chest Decoration~♥ I made it from my custom cast resin pieces, made to match the rest of the ones used through out the outfit. I connected them together to form the piece.
- ♥~Jewelry~♥ In the episode you never see her feet so we had to guess. I decided to design & make some anklets to go over and fancify her feet.
- ♥~Make-up~♥ The foundation was custom mixed by sephygoth to match the bodysuit fabric. I custom mixed the green eyeshadows & shading powder that I needed for Navaar.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ I picked a simple pair of black stiletto heels that I already owned, since we never see her feet in the episode.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I took a wavy curled wig and styled it into a bouffant with a pony-tail. I only used 1 wig, a half pack of extensions, hairspray, and a ton of bobby pins. Sephygoth trimmed the bangs while I wore it.
- Brand: Unknown
- Style: Unknown
- Color: 1
- Styling Time: 9 hours (approx.)