Variant: Purple Tights
Made as a request from my boyfriend, Sephygoth, since Morrigan is one of his favorite characters from Darkstalkers. Also so that we could have another pair to cosplay as together since he cosplays as John Talbane (Wolfy) XD
It was really a combined effort between him and I on this cosplay from start to finish. ^^
- Completed: June 2009
- Debut: Otakon 2009
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 20-40 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $102 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Various types of Lycra-Spandex, Patent Leather
- This cosplay was really a combined effort between my boyfriend and I from start to finish since he said if I made the cosplay he would help, so I'm gonna break down what each of us did below.
- ♥~Leotard~♥ My boyfriend made the pattern for the leotard from scratch, I sewed and altered it, he helped in form fitting it to me, I added the boob-holder and straps, and he fashioned and added the heart. (Made out of a very high quality specialty Lycra-spandex.)
- ♥~Armlets~♥ I made the base glove and he marked and cut the finger portion for me so it fit my hand properly and I sewed them including some blind hem stitching by hand. (Made out of a high quality Lycra-spandex.)
- ♥~Feathers~♥ Real feathers that I hand-sewn on the strap by me.
- ♥~Tights~♥ I made the tights out of spandex & fitted them and he painted the permanent dye on for the bats on while I was wearing them so they looked right when worn. (Made out of medium quality Lycra-spandex)
- ♥~Head Wings~♥ He marked the placement, I made the base armature and sculpted the part closest to the head and he sculpted the wings and claw bits out of various materials, finished the full piece, and painted both of them. They are fully removable and super lightweight for easy packing and transport.
- ♥~Boots~♥ I bought a pair that were similar to hers and altered them. He marked the shape while I wore them and I cut, altered them, and sewed them to secure the hems. (I started with patent vinyl boots)
- ♥~Wig~♥ I took a long straight wig I got from a local shop Sephygoth trimmed the wig to proper length while I wore it and I custom-dyed it with a sharpie dye mix I customized to match her minty-sea-foamy color. Once dyed Sephygoth then styled the bangs and added the hair wings.
- Brand: Lacey
- Style: Long Pageboy
- Color: 613
- Styling Time: a week of color layering