Variant: Shinigami Uniform (Shihakushō)
This cosplay was made for our Bleachmyu skit at Otakon 2006.
- Completed: August 2006
- Debut: Otakon 2006
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 20 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $110 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Poly-Cotton blend, Stretch Poplin, Twill
- ♥~Shitagi & Kosode~♥ I made the Shitagi from a really nice black Poly-Cotton blend that matches the hakama and the Kosode is made from a nice white stretch poplin. They were really simple to make and are very long. The white under-layer shirt was lined.
- ♥~Haori~♥ I made the captain's haori from a white twill and lined it with an green cotton. The coat was unlined when I first wore it due to running out of time, but the second time I wore it I had lined it with the proper green fabric. The black detailing on the coat was painted by one of my Otakon group members while I styled their wigs.
- ♥~Faux Hakama-himo/Sash~♥ A simple stand-alone rectangular sash that I made from white twill.
- ♥~Hakama~♥ They were purchased because the cost of making them compared to the cost of purchasing them weighed with the time I actually had to make them made this the logical choice.
- ♥~Tabi Socks~♥ The tabi socks were purchased from a local martial arts store.
- ♥~Sandals~♥ The sandals were found locally although they are not 100% accurate. I tried to make a pair but they came out way too small.
- ♥~Hyourinmaru~♥ The sword and sheath were made with the assistance of Sepygoth after I completed my Hitsugaya cosplay. Every part was made from scratch tho the process is a "trade secret" all I can say it is to scale in reference to me but still "con legal", I custom dyed the hilt wrapping to a light purple, and I sculpted the clasp myself out of polymer clay. I love how it came out.
I used a combination of anime and manga pictures to construct the clasp on his chest and the style of the hilt on the sword.
- ♥~Wig~♥ Since white wigs are notoriously thin and the one I got was no exception, I had to completely transplant a second white wig onto it by hand which took the longest amount of time by far before finally being able to style it up into the spikes via heat, Got-To-B spray hair glue, and a razor.
- Brand: ???
- Style: ???
- Color: Pure White
- Styling Time: 10 hours (approx.)