Variant: Eternal Sailor Venus - Velvet
I always thought that the eternal designs were prettier for for all the other senshi other than Moon, not that Sailor Moon's isn't I just like the colors for the others better. I had been thinking of cosplaying Venus for a while since she's one of my favorites, and with some encouragement from my boyfriend this cosplay came to fruition. ♥
I've had this cospaly done for a while but I wasn't able to get pictures till early April (04/10/2011) because of the weather. It was so much fun to wander around Boston in as Sailor Venus!
- Completed: March 2011
- Debut: Dragon*con 2011
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 50-60 (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $140 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Regular Lycra-Spandex, Velvet-Spandex, Casa Satin, Habatori Silk, Swiss Double-faced Satin Ribbon, Resin
- ♥~Senshi Fuku~♥ The main part is made from a high quality White Spandex and Yellow & Orange Stretch Velvet. I drafted the pattern for the leotard, the collar, the sleeves, and the hip "ribbons" myself from scratch, the skirt was an altered circle skirt pattern. I love how full and "fluffy" the skirt is; the way that the fabric drapes is just lovely and I love the look of the stretch velvet, it's got such a gorgeous sheen. *.*
- ♥~Gloves & Glove Rolls~♥ The gloves are purchased but the glove rolls are made to match with orange stretch velvet.
The front bow is made from a Blue Casa Satin and the butt bow is made from a Yellow Habatori Silk. The orange dangling ribbon is an orange double-faced Swiss satin ribbon that matches the ribbon I used for the choker.
- ♥~Tiara, Brooches, Star Gems, & Earrings~♥ Since I was initially supposed to do Venus for an eternals group at Otakon 2009 the matching star gems/jewelry were bought from tsukinohime3 & the tiara base from Catzia's so I would have matched what the group would have had, but when the group fell through I thought why re-do work since the ones I had were already so pretty.
- ♥~Choker~♥ The choker was made from some matching orange Swiss double-face satin ribbon and a resin star that I purchased from tsukinohime3.
- ♥~Hair Bow~♥ I made the bow out of red casa satin, and it's a fully functional hair-bow.
- ♥~Boots~♥ Made from some non-stretch 5in stiletto thigh-high boots that I found with the help of my boyfriend. I cut them down and took them in to properly fit my legs. I added some of the orange stretch velvet to the tops and attached a matching star gem to each.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I style my real hair to achieve the look of Sailor Venus's hair
- Styling Time: 5-15 minutes (approx.) each time
- ♥~Wig~♥ Purchased specifically for Dragon*con, since stying my hair like hers in that humidity was next to impossible. I use this wig when on a time crunch. I also don't know the brand or style since the wig shop I purchased it from in Atlanta removed the tag when I bought it.
- Brand: unknown
- Style: unknown
- Color: Butterscotch
- Styling Time: 5 minutes (approx.)